The tapware in your kitchen or bathroom is used for any drink that is served at room temperature and poured from a spout. And since it has been our experience that getting the best of anything is never easy, we have decided to put together this post on how to choose the best Australian tapware and fittings.

We look at some different tapware styles, as well as what you should pay attention to when choosing them. We also review a list of available fittings, discuss ways to save money on these parts and recommend where to find them.

Styles of Tapware

There are four main styles for taps: Pull-out, U-shaped, bar, and bistro. We have images and a description of each style below.

Pull-Out Style: These taps are often found in kitchens or commercial equipment. The faucet is pulled from the wall to access the spout and shut-off mechanism. The most common type of pull-out faucet is a long faucet that has an angled neck attached to the main body of the faucet itself. There is also a variety with a single handle, where you can simultaneously use your hand to change the water flow and temperature.

U-Shaped Style: The U-shaped variety is similar to the pull-out style, except that it has two separate handles to control water flow and temperature. This style is also often found on commercial equipment.

Bar Style: This type is always one handle and has a broader base than other styles. It tends to be over-decorative, but if you want to add some flair to your kitchen or bathroom, this may be the one for you.

Bistro Style: These are usually single-handled faucets intended for parts of the world where you do not want a faucet that sticks out from the wall too far. This is a perfect choice for small kitchens or tight bathrooms.

When you choose a style, remember that they tend to fit in different spots. You should be able to determine where you want your faucet and how much space you have available to work with before you make your purchase.

Plumbing Fittings and Their Components

Hose Tail: The hose tail is the part of the faucet that attaches to the water supply line. It is typically threaded on one side and uses a compression nut. Some have a plastic covering which can be unscrewed to place the compression nut.

Shank: The shank is the part of the faucet that is attached to the wall or countertop. It has a hole in it that allows you to connect it to the faucet. This piece is also connected to the faucet body.

Hose: The hose is where you connect your plumbing supply line and spout. This can come in several varieties, including chrome, nylon, or brass.

Spout: This part of a faucet attaches directly to your hose and allows you to access your water flow and temperature control knobs. It also determines the shape of your handle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *